The Government has announced that it intends to confirm the details of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for domestic properties this Summer. They have also confirmed that they expect the scheme to commence in Spring 2014. This will result in payments amounting to £5000+ against a renewable installation.
The generous scheme already exists for commercial buildings and the domestic launch will boost heat generating renewables in the same way that the feed in tariff (FIT) boosted solar PV.
The government has also massively increased the renewable heat premium payment (RHPP) for domestic homes. Further information about the RHPP increase can be found here:-
Outline details for the RHI are as follows:-
- Gas and off gas properties eligible
- 6.9-11.5p/kWh for air source heat pumps
- 12.5-17.3p/kWh for ground source heat pumps
- 17.3p/kWh for solar thermal
- 5.2-8.7p/kWh for biomass
- Deemed output rather than measured
- 20 years of worth of RHI paid over 7 years.
- Basic energy efficiency measures must be met (green deal ticks)
Details of the original government proposals can be viewed here:-