Health and Safety Policy Statement
Virtus Consult is fully committed to conducting all our activities with due regard to the occupational health and safety of all of those we come into contact with including our employees, subcontractors, self-employed workers and the general public. This includes the prevention of injury and ill health.
Top management accept that they are accountable for the effectiveness of the health and safety management system.
The organisation will meet client and applicable legal requirements, and the needs and expectations of relevant interested parties.
The organisation has established, implemented, maintains and continually improves a health and safety management system, including the processes needed and their interactions, in accordance with the requirements of OHSAS18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Requirements. This is independently audited and is certificated as a UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) compliant system.
Procedures and processes have been designed and implemented to ensure that the organisation meets its legal compliance requirements and maintains high levels of health and safety management performance at all times. The organisation has determined the necessary competence of employees and contractors doing work under its control that affects the performance and effectiveness of the health and safety management system and ensures that they are competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, or experience. This includes training in how to use the health and safety management systems. All employees and subcontractors are managed and supervised to ensure that the processes and procedures are followed at all times.
We expect everyone working for us or on our behalf to strive to achieve and maintain the highest standards of health and safety performance at all times and to comply fully with the provisions laid down in this policy, and the health and safety management system arrangements and requirements.
As part of the continuous improvement process health and safety objectives are set by top management at relevant functions, levels and processes that are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organisation. These are recorded on a targets and objectives register and include measures, target dates and objective owners. These are reviewed and updated as part of the management review process. A copy of the current targets and objectives register is available to all employees through the computer systems, which can be accessed from the company offices and sites.
Top management will:
- Ensure the integration of the health and safety management system requirements into the organisation’s business processes;
- Communicate the importance of effective health and safety management and of conforming to the health and safety management system requirements;
- Ensure that the resources needed for the health and safety management system are available;
- Conduct internal audits of the health and safety management systems at planned intervals to ensure that it achieves its intended outcomes;
- Direct and support employees, subcontractors and self-employed workers to contribute to the effectiveness of the health and safety management system
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility
This policy will be reviewed annually, or sooner following experience or because of operational or organisational changes.
Signed on behalf of the Company: Jan Ponsford – Director
Date: November 2017
Next Review Date: November 2018
View the full PDF here