Environmental Policy Statement
Virtus Consult Ltd is fully committed to protecting the environment by preventing or mitigating adverse environmental impacts, mitigating the potential adverse effect of environmental conditions on the organisation, and ensuring that the organisation meets its legal obligations.
Top management accept that they are accountable for the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
The organisation will meet client and applicable legal requirements, and the needs and expectations of relevant interested parties.
The organisation has established, implemented, maintains and continually improves an environmental management system, including the processes needed and their interactions, in accordance with the requirements of ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Requirements. This is independently audited and is certificated as a UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) compliant system.
Procedures and processes have been designed and implemented to ensure that the organisation meets its legal compliance requirements and maintains high levels of environmental management performance at all times. The organisation has determined the necessary competence of employees and contractors doing work under its control that affects the performance and effectiveness of the environmental management system and ensures that they are competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, or experience. This includes training in how to use the environmental management systems. All employees and subcontractors are managed and supervised to ensure that the processes and procedures are followed at all times.
We expect everyone working for us or on our behalf to strive to achieve and maintain the highest standards of environmental performance at all times and to comply fully with the provisions laid down in this policy, and the environmental management system arrangements and requirements.
As part of the continuous improvement process environmental objectives are set by top management at relevant functions, levels and processes that are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organisation. These are recorded on a targets and objectives register and include measures, target dates and objective owners. These are reviewed and updated as part of the management review process. A copy of the current targets and objectives register is available to all employees through the computer systems, which can be accessed from the company offices and sites.
Top management will:
- Ensure the integration of the environmental management system requirements into the organisation’s business processes;
- Communicate the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements;
- Ensure that the resources needed for the environmental management system are available;
- Conduct internal audits of the environmental management systems at planned intervals to ensure that it achieves its intended outcomes;
- Direct and support employees, subcontractors and self-employed workers to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility
This policy will be reviewed annually, or sooner following experience or because of operational or organisational changes.
Signed on behalf of the Company: Jan Ponsford – Director
Date: November 2017
Next Review Date: November 2018
View the full PDF here