Quality & Environment Policy
Virtus provide consultancy services that support a low-carbon economy. Our services include programme, project and cost management to deliver our client’s objectives, and we will be a key player in any project with which we are involved, delivering industry leading levels of service and Customer Satisfaction; we will operate the current ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 management systems to achieve this.
We will realize our objectives by:
- Delivering on time and to specification.
- Spending the time necessary to fully understand client requirements.
- Being responsive to client needs.
- Ensuring that our Quality and Environmental Policy is communicated and understood throughout Virtus.
- Providing a personalized and tailor-made client service.
- Utilizing our ISO 9001:2008 Quality and Environmental management system for all company processes everywhere, every time, without exception.
Virtus is committed to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004, and also committed to continually improve the effectiveness of our ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Systems.
Sustainability and environmental management are central to the business activities of Virtus. The Directors recognise their responsibility to manage the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services. We have assessed our activities and identified our environmental aspects/impacts.
In order to promote good environmental practices, our Policy with regard to the environment is as follows: –
- To identify the significant environmental impacts of our activities.
- To develop suitable objectives, targets and management programmes, applying appropriate operational procedures to minimise our environmental impacts during normal, abnormal and emergency conditions.
- To comply with relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts.
- To prevent pollution, minimise our inputs of utilities and resources and the outputs of emissions to the atmosphere, effluents to waters/sewers and wastes to disposal facilities; endeavouring to re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.
- To ensure that environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation and provide appropriate training where needed.
- To ensure that suppliers and contractors understand Virtus Policy and assist them in developingappropriate systems and a responsible approach with regard to environmental issues.
- To communicate, co-operate and respond to the views of interested parties, including stakeholders, customers and the general public, on environmental issues, where this is practicable and likely to result in an overall improved environmental performance.
- To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.
Our Quality and Environmental Policy is reviewed for continuing suitability.
Director 16 February 2011