Virtus is delighted to announce the appointment of Jan Ponsford as a Director of Virtus.
Jan was formerly the Development Director for RD Energy Solutions, a Leading Renewable Energy and energy efficiency consultancy based in Edinburgh.
Jan has worked in the construction industry for 15 years delivering many major construction projects across the UK including RBS Gogarburn, Omni Centre Edinburgh, and large complex office projects in London and Birmingham. Jan has always had a passion for sustainable development and joins Virtus to lead the Energy Consultancy division, managing a team of renewable energy engineers.
Jan’s substantial experience includes managing clients including Standard Life Investments, Miller Developments, Banks Developments, Anglian Group Plc, Dobbies, Various NHS Trusts, Councils, Scottish Natural Heritage, SEPA, Balfour Beatty, Carillion and Robertson Construction.
Recent projects he has managed include: –
- NHS Ayrshire and Arran- Feasibility Study, Design and Project management of 100kW turbine for NHS Girvan,
- SEPA – Project management of Solar P.V for the SEPA HQ in Aberdeen
- Scottish National Heritage – Design, Planning for Biomass at SNH Battleby HQ
- Anglian Group Plc – Market and product research for Renewables
- Sanctuary Housing Association – Feasibility and Detailed design for Solar P.V & ASHP.
- Dobbies – Carbon Footprint and Energy cost reduction analysis for Dobbies
- Miller Developments – Wind Turbine feasibility and planning
Andrew Ogilvie, Virtus Director commented; “Jan’s appointment enables us to provide a market leading service that will seek to rationalise our client’s energy utilisation and balance sheets. We have the ability to assess client’s existing energy utilisation, recommend areas for operational improvement and supplement their existing infrastrcture with renewable technologies. Equally we have the in house expertise to design and manage significant renewable energy infrastructure to take advantage of emerging opportunities such as the Feed-In Tariff.”