Barclays UK Retail Bank embarked on the Branch Network Development Programme in which all 1700+ branches were to be upgraded as part of the programme. Barclays required consultancy support to establish a programme management office and efficiently manage the programme delivery to a defined budget.
Members of the Virtus team were appointed to help support the team of delivery PM’s in implementing the new brand guidelines into the estate network. The role delivered included the following:
- Monthly dashboard reporting; integrating schedule, cost reporting, line item status, key decision requirements and capital and P&L allocation.
- Fully automated suite of leading edge reporting and data capture tools using Microsoft Word and Excel interface, providing consistency of the data reported to the business.
- Robust change control process, based on corporate led system, including approvals and draw-down signed off by Change Management Committee.
- Recommended improvements to existing systems following initial gap analysis based on scale of spend, geographic coverage and asset type.
- Practical implementation of risk management procedures to eliminate lip service approach.
- Implemented KPI’s for integrated supplier, contractor and consultant performance based on timeliness, accuracy and quality of vendor deliverables.
“You have demonstrated great team attributes and been a real asset to the team and Barclays. I have been impressed with your ownership of issues and ensuring items are followed through and closed down. ”
David Smith, Senior PM of Barclays UKRB